Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weekend Work

This past weekend saw the last two days of downhill mountain biking at Panorama Resort's bike park.

The weather was awesome - cool mornings, balmy (hot!) late summer afternoons - and it was a long weekend, so lots of people came out to play!

This time, I was shooting general public riding, not competition racers. I found a pretty good spot where I could catch the action if anyone decided to brave the jumps, but I also had a good view of a couple of other scenic spots for the less hardcore riders.

I spent from noon to 3pm daily, at the drop park and on Rocking Horse trail, enjoying shooting, and just being in the alpine. Because the slopes are north-facing, though, the position of the sun made shooting quite a challenge, so I hope people will like what I caught!

I have posted galleries from both days, Saturday and Sunday, on my Smugmug site, so feel free to browse. Here are some samples of the angles I had:




This was the first time that I used my "sandwich board" sign, placed that the bottom of the lift so that all riders heading up the hill knew where I'd be. Very few business cards were taken from the dispenser ... but there's already been quite a bit of traffic to my website, viewing these two galleries! How that works, I don't know, but I'll take it! (Just hope some sales will follow, eh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment