Friday, August 29, 2014

Puppies!

A few days ago, ICAN asked me to photograph five puppies that are awaiting adoption! I was really excited to do it, but also a bit nervous - I'd never photographed a puppy before, let alone a whole litter!

It was a fun and fast-paced session - the pups had just come from the vet where they'd had their shots plus plenty of additional stimulation (as if they needed it!) from new people and other pets! It took them a while to slow down to light speed so that I could get some photos. Posing was out of the question - I just had to predict their movements, be in the right place at the right time, conjure up a lot of luck - and avoid getting mugged by the gang (which happened once - happily no-one was quick enough with their cell phone cameras to capture that hysterical scene)!

Last I heard, the pup with the red collar, Louis, the only boy, has been adopted and will go to his forever home once he's been neutered. If you'd like to meet the girls with a view to welcoming one into your family, please contact ICAN - they'd love to hear from you!

I'm delighted with how the photos turned out! Here are a few of my fav's (as always, click to enlarge the photos):


Here's the link to the whole gallery of these puppies, and other ICAN dogs.

Until next time, enjoy the last few days of summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment