Thursday, October 27, 2016

The View From Here

Yes, the view from here is literally all I can show you this week, because that's as far as I can take the camera! That would be the view from the deck, or through the dining room window. The camera is a significant weight, so I cannot take it out with me even though I am currently going for 2 or 3 walks a day.

click to enlarge

Because of this hip issue, the doctor has booked me off work for 2 weeks' rest to, hopefully, allow whatever's going on in there to mend itself.

In the meantime, I am on twice-daily strong anti-inflammatory medication, a daily regimen of stretches and walking, and visits to the chiro and RMT every few days. And back to the doc on the 4th for reassessment.

Not only is this absence from work a huge burden on my colleagues at Riverlands, which makes me feel guilty, but I'm finding it extremely frustrating!

Some days are better than others: It's definitely better now than it was a week ago. But worse today than it was two days ago.

On top of that, I worry about my future. The doc says that there's a risk of long-term complications and chronic pain if I try to work through this before healing is complete. And I definitely do not want to be living with this for months, let alone the rest of my life!

All I can do is everything in my power to be fixed at the end of this lay-off period. Finger's are crossed!

Keep your weight in your heels!

Tanya


No comments:

Post a Comment