Friday, November 25, 2016

Tennis, anyone?!

Ok, I have to admit that I've found the last two weeks of work very difficult, physically!

This is probably caused by my 3 weeks out of action, which meant that when I returned to "the office", I had to rebuild my strength and fitness almost from scratch.

On the Good News front: My sacroiliac joint is now fine!

Not so good: My elbows - yes, both of them - have carpel tunnel, more commonly known as "tennis elbow". The right is worse than the left, which is weird because I'm left-handed. This has been an issue for over a week, but I've said little about it, because there's little I actually can do about it! For sure, no more time off work for me, because we just can't afford it!

I begin to wonder if my body's been round the block one time too many, to be able to cope with the physical demands of this job? I worry that things will just keep on breaking down. I feel the pressure to keep pace with my colleagues, and feel I'm not quite holding up my end.

But I'm still loving working with the horses, and appreciate the bonus of not having to deal with regular office politics, so will keep going as long as I can ...


Meanwhile, the rain keeps coming. During the past 8 weeks, there have been just a handful of days during which we've not had any precipitation. And even fewer days when we've actually seen the sun!

On a brighter note, we had our first dusting of snow right down to the valley last night, so hopefully the mud will be firming up soon, with the arrival of cooler temperatures! And the forecast is promising a few trickles of sunshine over the next week, too!

Keep your weight in your heels!

Tanya

PS: To add insult to injury, with the elbow issue, it really hurts to lift my camera!  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment