Saturday, February 17, 2018

Onwards!

As I sit at my window and watch the latest North Pacific winter storm dumping what's forecast to be up to 30cm of wet snow by tomorrow morning, I am contemplating what's scheduled for me (and my camera) this year!

After a couple of summers taking photos at local equestrian events, this year I have been offered the chance to shoot at three multi-day hunter-jumper events at Maple Ridge Equestrian Centre! Those are in May, June and August.

Hunter-Jumper at SVEA

Also, in late June and early October, I'll be capturing the action at two two-day eventing clinics being taught by world-greats William Fox-Pitt and Lucinda Green! These gigs will be shared with popular Vancouver area equestrian photo-guru, Marion Fox. (Marion also happens to be the person who I owe props to for opening the door to the events at MREC!)

Lucinda Green instructing at MREC

To say I'm excited about these opportunities is an understatement!

As soon as the schedule for the local Squamish riding club, SVEA, has been released, I'll be adding a few more dates to my calendar - hopefully a couple of dressage dates along with hunter-jumper and other activities!

Dressage at SVEA

Of course, I'll be continuing to do any pet photography that comes my way, too!

But, it's only mid-February and, the weatherman says, after this snow has fallen and the skies start clearing, there's an Arctic outflow coming! This means all this lovely slush will freeze solid! Ack!

See you next time!
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment